Speaker(s) : Valeria Maltoni
Date : Saturday October 2, 2010, 3pm
Room : Tuttleman : 407AB
Track : Social Media, Business
Level : Advanced: Technical proficiency with new media tools
What is influence? For a decade, Malcom Gladwell’s “”The Tipping Point”" has served as a touchstone for those who believe that influence resides in the hands of a select few. Not so, says a new generation of marketers. They believe that thanks to the democratizing power of the Internet, anyone can be an Influential.
Both camps are wrong. True influence flows from drawing together people with shared interests. This session focuses on the process of identifying areas of relevancy among your customers and prospects, building community, and allowing others to amplify your influence as you meet their needs.
- Why everything you know about influence wrong and what you should do about it
- What doesn’t work. The 5 “”influence traps”" you must avoid.
- How you reach the people who really matter the most
- The best ways to influence the influencers your customers watch for cues
- Can influence be bought or sold?