For the benefit of everyone, we’ve compiled a checklist for you to help get the most out of your experience. Thanks again for being a part of this amazing community. We look forward to seeing you this weekend!
- The PodCamp Philly Organization Team
- Wifi accounts will be available – please sign up at the registration desk. For University security reasons, we will need to collect some information from you to give to the University (their rules, not ours). Please understand that using it for anything other than occasional web browsing / email may be difficult. Downloading/uploading large content will cause everyone’s connection to crawl or drop. Don’t be ‘that guy.’
- Rumor has it we will have PodCamp Philly teeshirts this year – first come first serve (or sized…)
- The proceeds from this years ticket cost will be donated to Philabundance. They do amazing things for people and families in the Philadelphia area and need donations now more than ever due to the recession. PodCamp Philly is very proud to be able to donate the cost of your ticket to them.
- Please bring a printed copy of your ticket with you to help speed registration
- Follow the Twitter @PodCampPhilly account and check it often over the weekend
- HASHTAG is #PCPhilly2011 use it to connect with others!
- If you have any issues during the event, please visit the registration desk and let an organizer or volunteer know.
Saturday Social Event:
- Attendance is strongly encouraged!
- We are having a social meet up at Buffalo Billiards in Philadelphia from 7 – 9 pm http://www.podcampphilly.com/2011/saturday-night-social-meetup-at-buffalo-billiards/ for more information
- We have arranged some light fare to eat as well as beer / wine drink specials
- We have access to all the billiard tables on the 2nd floor – so bring your inner pool shark and let’s play!
- Bill Rowland (PodCamp Philly CoOrganizer) will be giving out free drink tickets Saturday at PodCamp. Find him to get some!
- PodCamp will be providing coffee, water, juice, pastries, etc. for breakfast both mornings near the sign in tables
- Lunch is on your own – pack one or buy one at the food trucks around the building
- Dinner Saturday is on your own as well, there are plenty of great places to grab a bit near Buffalo Billiards before the Social Event at 7 pm
- Be sure to print directions to the Tuttleman Learning Center / Temple University, 1210 W. Berks Street, Philadelphia, PA 19122 http://www.podcampphilly.com/about/podcamp-philly-2010/directions/ will get you some more information on parking as well as give you a PDF map of the area.
- Opening Ceremonies start at 9:15 am Saturday morning – you really want to be there!
- Closing Remarks start at 3 pm Sunday afternoon – you really want to be there!
- Please download the schedule to print or put on your phone / tablet / laptop at http://www.podcampphilly.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/PodCampPhilly2011-Schedule.pdf
- Be sure to review the schedule and research which sessions you would like to attend ahead of time. Clicking on the speaker name or session name will link out to the website with a description.
- Please try to arrive to a session on time. Sessions will (hopefully) run from :05 to :55 giving you time to use the facilities and find the next room.
- If a speaker has technical difficulties with the room equipment, please understand they may have to modify the content to adapt. Speakers have been asked to not spend too much time troubleshooting, but instead to focus on delivering an amazing session to you.
- There will be a sign up form at the front desk to reserve room 402 for an on-the-fly talk. Reservations will ONLY be taken on-site. Please note:
- You will not have A / V access
- Reservations are for an hour at a time
- YOU are responsible for advertising and attracting attendees to your session
- Feel free to leave a note / sign at the front desk so PodCamp organizers can make a morning / afternoon announcement
What to Bring:
- Camera / video, mifi’s, business cards (!!), cell phones, laptops, tablets, paper/pen, all your chargers, a power strip. LABEL EVERYTHING. Just remember you need to carry it all!
- Cash and change for any vending machines or lunch trucks you find.
- Snacks for during the day and maybe a lunch.
- The desks in the classrooms have ‘tables’ on them so a laptop will fit. If you need power, show up to the session on time and scout out the power outlets. Be nice and share your power strip.
- We can’t babysit equipment at the registration desk, sorry!
- If you loose something or find something, please bring it to the registration desk.
- Wear comfortable shoes!
Courtesies of PodCamp:
- Remember the “Law of Two Feet” – if a session does interest you, please leave quietly and be respectful to the rest of the attendees.
- The speakers & organizers for PodCamp do this for the love of the community and are not compensated. Please remember this and thank them when you see them!
- Other attendees have taken time out of their busy schedule to attend, be mindful of their time. Please do not monopolize a session ‘from your seat’. If you have issues with the content, topic, or speakers ability or have detailed questions that are not beneficial for the entire session to deal with, please address it with the speaker after the session or get in touch with Lynette Young or Whitney Hoffman.